Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Yoga Chiang Mai

I had to ask myself today - "Am I NOT destined to do Yoga or Meditation or Both??????"

I went back to the little place I found yesterday, NAMO, raring to go with my Yoga pants on, only to be told it was a full class and they could not take any more. After pounding the pavement in Chiang Mai over the last few days looking for a place to either meditate or do yoga, I was so disappointed to find the class full. Tracy and our new friend Konjit, whom we met at the cooking school, asked the girl at reception if they could just squeeze me in as I was becoming a little disillusioned. They allowed me to join, thank goodness. As for Tracy and Konjit who very kindly pushed for me to have the Yoga experience - they ended up at Chiang Mai Hospital.....The Yoga Center had posted a notice asking for volunteers of the A- blood type to donate blood for a German girl who had been in a really bad accident and was in hospital. Tracy was that blood type and said she would donate blood, so she and Konjit took off for the hospital. Tracy rekons it was the biggest needle she has ever seen!!!!!!!

My first Yoga experience was really good, but no where near beginner level, I think I was put into positions that I could never have imagined in my wildest dreams. I just hope I don't wake up feeling like I've been run over by a truck. Anyway I have put my name down for tomorrow as I really enjoyed the relaxation part of the class........so we'll wait and see how I pull up tomorrow!

No comments: