Monday, April 21, 2008

Our Trek - Day 16

20th April, 2008 - Back to Kathmandu from Lukla on our twin otter plane loaded to the hilt. Got on the plane, jumped in my seat and guess what - NO SEATBELT to be found. I think I went into shock. There was absolutely nothing I could do as the only spare seat on the plane had been broken by some big guy just a moment ago. He was moved to a double seat at the front! Brad just kept me calm and we eventually landed in Kathmandu with no probs. In actual fact it was a pretty good flight with amazing views.......I just kept focusing on those views.

Once back in Kathmandu we were met by our Sherpa Guide, Dawa, who helped us back to our hotel through the crowds, beeping horns and polluted streets. Aaaah Kathmandu - It felt like coming home. Shower was first thing on the agenda....then absolutely nothing.

No comments: